Friday, August 2, 2013

СПАСИ И СОХРАНИ

My mind is full, but my hope is secure.  God is faithful.  Today He proved it yet again.
"An anchor for us is something that when you see it and encounter it, everything in your life changes, not for a day or a week, or years, but forever -- everything in your life is changed by it." -Louie Giglio

Jesus changed me. period.  He is the anchor for my tottering, storm-tossed soul.  It's a holy, sweet place to be, resting in His faithfulness.  Not easy, not clean, not rational, not comfortable, but oh, so sweet.

This morning, I wondered if I'm heading the right way, if it would be worth it, if it's just all in my head.
Go grab a Bible, read Romans 15.
So I did...

“We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.  Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.  For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.”  For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.  May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

 For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs,  and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy…. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”

I am called to bear with the failings of the weak.
I can because Christ did.  He bore MY failings.
He is building endurance and hope in me.
Abraham's stars are now my promises too.
God is true.
Good is merciful.
I will abound in authentic, weighty, powerful, Christ-filled hope.

1 comment:

overthinker said...

such a way with words. I love how you write...and I'm so glad you have peace. He IS building such character & steadfastness in you...and a greater leaning towards joy.