Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Stand Upon the Brink


"I stand upon some dreadful brink , and it is utterly dark in the abyss before my feet, but whether there is any light behind me I cannot tell. For I cannot yet turn. I am waiting for some stroke of doom."

This is where I'm at right now. I know that hope and joy and peace await behind me. I long to turn around...but I cannot. I know I should, that I could, but every effort drains me of mobility. I cannot move.
Lord I need You to grab me firmly, reassuringly, and turn me around.
I surrender.
I cannot move.
I understand now that I can do nothing.
But You can do everything.
You are everything.

"How can I stand here with You, and not be moved by You?"

Who is like You oh Lord? Worthy of all praise.

2 comments:

DearVoid said...

yay! i was just wishing u'd post again! i love it : ) it's you and i love the new layout : ))) and i love you!!!

Abi said...

thanks dear : ) I was glad to see you blog again too!