Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Morbid Poetry"

some new and fixed up stuff, I was on a roll haha.

How fortunate to be a fish
And never miss a bright moment!
We wander through our ‘wakened lives
In blinking blindness, lidded shut
And yet, to never have relief,
No pause to hide from the world’s woe
I think I would not covet fish
And miss some bliss, to shield some ill
~~~

A word, a look, would be enough
And yet her modesty is tough
The marble face my be past blushing
But never the soul past feeling!
The tremors, falters, all arised
Such open weakness is despised
To be overcome by such a trifle!
Ah, the past is hard to stifle
Frailty, thy name is feeling
Safety’s power is concealing
~~~

They sizzle and blaze
Through sky and earth
For discipline, or grace,
Or extravagant love
He makes sure they make their mark

Listen! Listen to His thunder!
I tremble, as a terror’d colt
I am bewildered utterly
And then…
He struck me
~~~

Our futures are like shadows
That dance and tease
Or pasts like an echo
Fading on the breeze
~~~

Today you’re Madonna
Tomorrow the Pope
And on Thursday you’ll be Joan of Arc
But beware!
Such transformations
Ruffle the hair

4 comments:

DearVoid said...

i love the last one!!!!! haha but it ruffles the hair hahaha

Abi said...

why thank you, I was going for a comical understatement, so I'm glad it made you laugh! I bet you can guess who its about...

overthinker said...

you've been tagged by the way....muahaha...

Abi said...

tagged?