
Aged to perfection. Typically, I'm more of the Neverland-living, young at heart, never grow up type who is deeply opposed to anything relating to the passing of time. I must say however, that today, I am glad there has been time behind us in our friendship. Not that those time were bad, but there is a priceless value to maturity. To have those moments to look back on, to build bonds around, it means something so solid, something that nothing but time can accomplish, well spent time that is. Some of the best things in life are well used and well aged: worn saddles, a good pair of pointe shoes, fine wine ; )... all things that cannot be bought, nor sought after, they must be earned.
There is so much that I will never be able to say, so much that I feel about so many things even in this moment, I am almost dizzy.
For the first time in my life I can honestly say that I look forward to the unknown life God has so beautifully and perfectly crafted, and I embrace the past with tenderness, but no longer tinged with the bitterness of regret.
A small side note: o trust means to find refuge in. Why then is it so hard for me to trust Him? It should be a joy to be to meet with opportunities to trust Him, to find refuge in Him. Taste and see that the Lord is good! I have been seeing Him in so many new ways. He is my Liege lord, my master, my lover, my friend, my protector, my refuge, my father, all that is love and comitatus in my life is Him. I know He is shaping me into what he wants me to be...
Batter my heart, three-personed god, for you
As yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise and stand, o'erthrow me; and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn and make new.
I, like an usurped town, to another due,
Labor to admit you, but oh, to no end;
Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,
But is captivated, and proves weak or untrue.
Yet dearly I love you and would be loved fain,
But am betrothed unto your enemy;
Divorce me, untie or break that knot again,
Take me to you, imprision me, for I
Except you enthrall me, never shall be free,
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me. -John Donne
Anyway, to wrap it all up, happy anniversary dearest, and
Kings to "us" <3
No comments:
Post a Comment