Sunday, June 20, 2010

If I could rewrite my life….

I would double major in marine biology and oceanography, with a minor in child psychology, interning at KML (Keys Marine Lab). Eventually, I would establish a branch of KML that helps abused kids find healing through preserving and protecting the ocean.
I’d live in a 1 room house decorated with things from the sea. I’d ride my jet ski to work and have a sailboat named The Zephyr for deep sea trips. Jack, a rescued sea hawk, would be my constant companion. He would roam the ocean sky and dive for fish as I worked with whales, dolphins, and other large sea creatures. Around the island (either Big Pine or Marathon), I’d ride my bike, but have an old ford to tote large equipment and go on road trips.
I’d tattoo the front of my shoulder with an old anchor in blue ink with the word “ballast” written across it, and never cut my hair.
On weekends I’d dive local wrecks and write kids adventure novels.
I’d never get married, God and the ocean would be enough.







1 comment:

overthinker said...

i'm glad you shared this. i'm kinda jealous of your re-written life...in the winter could i come leave ireland to live with you? maybe my dog rebel would get along with jack...

love the new blog look. ballet and tulips, two of my favorite things!