Monday, May 30, 2011

If I ever get a tattoo...


it'll be an anchor with "ballast" written across the rope. Why? Because John Adams (one of the best men born to the USA, just sayin') once perfectly penned my entire being into one line: "Ballast is what I want; I totter with every breeze!"

I've been studying Psalms this past month, focusing on the attributes of God. You know one of my favorite things about God? His steadfastness. Over and over again, the psalmists proclaim the Lord's "faithfulness and steadfast love."



Psalm 103: 2-4
Bless the Lord, oh my soul,
and forget not all His benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy


I love that image! Jesus crowns us with His steadfast love and mercy! I love His steadfastness because it is so unlike me. I am ever-changing, He is everlasting! And He is even more steadfast than the word can convey. He alone can claim steadfastness because He is eternal. How can finite creatures understand the complete security and solidness of the Lord's love and mercy? How can I not give my trust over to Him completely in light of His certainty? The sure ans steadfast anchor for my soul! Thank you Jesus! And I need not feel guilt because He remembers that I am dust, utterly unstable, and what is His response? "But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him." Amen!

No comments: