Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

I'm amazed by all the cool things you've done, and I brag about them all the time! I love hearing your stories, especially the way you tell them, even if I've heard them a billion times before. I love the crazy, unrealistic things we talk about doing: skydiving, diving ship wrecks... I certainly inherited your love of nature, especially the ocean. I love waking up to loud worship music you play on Saturday mornings. I love the way you talk about the Old Testament: David, Abraham, and Elijah come to life. I love fishing with you, how excited you get even if we don't catch anything. I love quoting Master and Commander, Lord of the Rings, and the Incredibles with you. I love the integrity you have in your work, finances, and at church; I've watched you act in total honesty. I love your gentleness; You make me feel safe, (except for the times you jumped out of the closet with a lightsaber and Vader helmet while making Vader breathing noises, but that was ok ;).) I love talking about the places we hope to travel to one day. you've never betrayed my trust. You give me wise council. You encourage my strengths and inspire me to reach higher. I love how you sing Phantom of the Opera. I love it when you bring wildflowers home after working in the field. I love how you love the smell of plumerias, and when you make us lays. Most of all, I love YOU!! and I miss you so very much; I can't wait to see you again soon!

No comments: