Friday, November 16, 2012

Jason Michael Mills

I planned on sitting down and devoting hours on deep expression into this post because the subject matter is oh so worthy of it!  But I am currently running on negative time and by the time I have enough time to do this justice, it will be way past his birthday, so here goes!

22 years ago, my little buddy was born.  He rescued me from a life of selfish only-ness! (Well, he tried, I still managed to turn out rather self centered, but I would've been so much worse!)  I made him sing the Nala parts of the Lion King because I wanted to be the star of the show and sing all the Simba parts.  People thought we were twins (until he grew 2 feet taller than me!).  Even when we moved and had our own rooms, we would take turns sneaking into each other's rooms at night, especially when one of us had a nightmare.  One time, we were reading a scary book together on his top bunk, when the lights suddenly went out!  We flew off the bed and into the safety of the lighted hall way.  He burst out laughing so I did too, it was pretty funny how scared we were, at least, that's what I thought we were laughing at, until he said, "no, the funny part is, I peed my pants!!!"  Nope. I'll never let him live it down.  We did everything together as kids.  People were shocked at how well we got along (little did they know that was largely because he was content to let me boss him around all day.)  Once we were in the car with Grandma and she suggested we stop for an ice cream cone, but when she noticed Jason fast asleep, she suggested we wait.  "Look!  He's awake, Grandma!  He's awake!" I declared frantically while holding Jason's eyelids open with my fingers.

In our tweens, he was the steady, happy, secure anchor for my wildly melancholy soul.  Many times, my only true friend.  Even in high school, Jason was the friend I could find simple truth and comfort from.  Wholesome and steady- what I desperately needed.

Now he's halfway through college.... WHAT?  Time makes no sense to me.  He will always be my little buddy, but that doesn't mean he isn't growing up.  He astounds me with his integrity, his passion in worship for God, his loyalty.

I admit, I kinda have this thing against the male gender, but Jason breaks down my prejudices.

I love you, little buddy!  And I'm praying God leads you deeper into His heart and purpose for you this year.  You are not a failure.  You are faithful.






1 comment:

overthinker said...

esscheers to Jason!

faithful is a good word to describe him, and as somebody who's not living life neccessarily with him i still say that with full confidence. its true.