You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now
So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine
I want the Lord to rampage my life, bursting through me though it breaks me into a million tender pieces. More of me can be engulfed by Him if I'm in shards rather than one piece. I no longer want to cling to my carefully built and heavily guarded self image- cool, collected, clean, presentable, strong. I want to be wrecked, alive, gushing and vulnerable and messy and broken so that God's power and love may move unhindered by my pride and fear. I'm so tired of clinging to fear and pride, but I don't know how to let go. I can profess abandonment, I can act out abandonment, but I am still not fully abandoned.
"But now in Christ Jesus you who were once far off have been brought (near) by the blood of Christ." He has brought me near to Him. It is too beautiful. His blood has brought me near. I don't feel near at all tonight, haven't for a few weeks now, but that doesn't change my nearness to Him. I can never be far from Him because my nearness entirely relies on His bringing me near. I know no other lover who would have met me [here] in this place, but He has. He has.
Truth: Burn this bone and tissue for I no longer want to be entangled in this sinew that hinders my reach toward You.
Deeper Truth: “I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit
the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I
tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a
moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will
sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For
this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must
put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the
mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is
your sting?”
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus
Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be [steadfast], immovable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor
is not in vain.” 1 Cor. 15:50-58
1 comment:
beautiful.
not just because of the writing, or the words. but bc i know your heart. I know this is sincere & you're willing to walk through fire for Him. I do see God peeling back the mask. I see your heart responding to His grace, He's already begun tenderizing & dismantling you.
[^^^]
Post a Comment