I need the sea. It's a necessity in my life I cannot express deeply enough. My soul exhales. It's as if I didn't realize I was holding my breath for months and then suddenly I start breathing again. I start functioning like a living being again. I see things again, feel, taste... and the Lord IS good. He's always good. I know this deeper than circumstances, but it's a hopeful kind of knowing. On/in/near the ocean, I actually taste and see kind of know that the Lord is good. "It's Your love that we adore; it's like a sea without a shore..." Those words wrecked me two years and a month ago. It clicked. God loves me vastly, endlessly, as impossibly as comprehending the fullness of the ocean. He has anchored me. In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil- it truly does. What can separate me from the love of Christ? NOTHING. Such beauty and majesty in this defiled world gives me a glimpse of beauty as He intended it, a glimpse of Him. The sea tunes my perspective. The ocean, a created thing in a sin marred world, is too wonderful for me, how much more so the holy Creator of the sea? Every crashing wave thrills me to the point of bursting, exudes a new revelation- "Holy! Holy! Holy!" like a scene straight out of Rev. 4.
Life is beautiful. and I am so thankful for this tatts.littles.storytelling.keylime.free-coconut-coffee.quenched-sea-fever.comradeship day!

1 comment:
aaahhh, sigh. i love it when you write...miss it. yes & amen!! somehow you find words to perfectly describe the most essential yet intangible things. i cannot explain my need for the ocean but there it is: "it tunes my perspective." and scrubs us clean no? thank you for today.
Post a Comment