
SO.
I've been rather loathe to write this the past few days, because I don't "feel" it.
I have since decided that the best time to blog this was when I didn't feel it. Perhaps the writing of it will bring me back to where I was when these thoughts first occurred to me; a realigning if you will...always a good thing.
Thus:
I believe God is bringing me into a Spring. I have known for a while I've been in a Autumn/Winterish season spiritually for some time, but about a month ago, as I began to see a Spring break forth, I realized just how deep into Winter I had gone.
Here I confess to be an extreme nerd, but, only two people read this thing anyway, and they already know this of me, so it's all good...
back to the point, I often connect my life with the character of Eowyn. I'm odd, I know. As God has been bringing Spring, this section from Return of the King keeps popping into me head,
"As he looked at her it seemed to him that something in her softened, as though a bitter frost were yielding at the first faint presage of Spring...
Then the heart of Eowyn changed, or else at last she understood it. And suddenly her winter passed, and the sun shone on her.
'Behold! The Shadow has departed! I will be a shield maiden no longer, nor vie with the great Riders, nor take joy only in the songs of slaying. I will be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren.'"
So I had a "softening," and God spoke and guided and comforted me, but now I think He may be reminding me that the coming of Spring requires Spring cleaning; not fun, but oh so good.
Also, God is showing me that it is not good to despair and continue in suffering, in fact I have no reason to. Another thing, I know I have no reason to despair and that the tiny trifles I go through cannot even be considered suffering so I should just suck it up and deal, but God wants me to bring all my troubles to him, and be humbled in the reality I am so weak and can handle so little.
These scriptures have been life blood to me recently,
Isaiah 58:8-9
Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
Isaiah 50:2-4
Was my arm too short to ransom you?
Do I lack the strength to rescue you?
By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea,
I turn rivers into a desert;
their fish rot for lack of water
and die of thirst.
I clothe the sky with darkness
and make sackcloth its covering."
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
Isaiah 43:18-19
"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
1Peter 5:10
But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
Case and point?
I'm a mess, but God is greater than that and is working on me despite it all, and He is good.
Random:
I came across this picture, and now it's basically my new favorite ever...
3 comments:
it does my heart good to hear what He is doing in you. I cannot WAiT to see it in person!!
isaiah, oh how i love isaiah. even the judgement sections--don't they highlight how merciful God is in not wiping us or Isreal out completely? aahh.
that photo. is. aweseome.
we are just as much nerd as you. and i love it. it is true, you're spring came quickly... with a type of softening : ) i am so overjoyed at these pictures, signs of growth in our lives. He's great enough, gracious enough to give us a progress report.
and the pic, haha still wanting to slay dragons are we? ; )
yes, Isaiah is wonderful!
umm, fine! You caught me! But seriously, I think He might let me slay some dragons, maybe a 6 headed dragon, and I can lop a few off and let the guy do the rest? haha ; )
love you guys <3
Post a Comment