"for the unquiet heart and brain,
A use in measured language lies"
~Tennyson
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Lost
There was a girl who didn't know when to stop or
go,
and a girl who knew no rights or lefts
they drove together
not know
not go
with all that was left...
Yeah, it's supposed to be a poem, haha. I'm mainly trying to play with language and structure here. The first line would logically stop at the word "stop," but the character didn't know when to stop, so the line doesn't stop until "or" and then pauses in the next line after "go" (when a line should logically keep going). The word "right" is physically on the left, and "left" is physically on the right. Then I play with the meanings of "left" and "right"- basically, trying to show the story through the structure... I hope :)
5 comments:
I'm not sure I quite understand this, is it a poem?
Yeah, it's supposed to be a poem, haha. I'm mainly trying to play with language and structure here. The first line would logically stop at the word "stop," but the character didn't know when to stop, so the line doesn't stop until "or" and then pauses in the next line after "go" (when a line should logically keep going). The word "right" is physically on the left, and "left" is physically on the right. Then I play with the meanings of "left" and "right"- basically, trying to show the story through the structure... I hope :)
haha that's so cool! I loved it (:
I like this version :)
nice! that's my abi, witty poetry that makes me wish for the gift of word shaking...
Post a Comment