God's glory is ultimately in His hands.
I admit, I've been embarrassed for God. Every time we prayed for Uncle Doug's healing and nothing happened, I felt shame. "God! This is Your moment. Why do you allow my family to believe You don't answer prayer?" Of course, I wanted God to heal my uncle, I wanted to be angry at Him for letting Uncle Doug suffer, but that's a different story. It was in God's best interest to physically save my uncle, right? It was God's moment to prove His love and power and glorify His name....
Today I remembered John 12:28-
“I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”
I am not burdened with the responsibility of God's glory. Only He can glorify Himself as He deserves; I get to play a part, but need never be ashamed of the way God chooses to reveal His glory.
I realized this today, and it brought me great comfort. God will not allow His name to be defiled, and I can trust Him in that.

1 comment:
oh amen. thank you, i have been forgetting this.
Post a Comment