So it's a bit theologically unsound, but I'm pretty sure Lee Brice's song "Hard to Love" is actually about Jesus and me.
Just replace Lee with me
and the girl with Jesus.
Just replace Lee with me
and the girl with Jesus.
It's pathetic, but I have the hardest time accepting the fact that God's love for me is utterly unmerited. Either He loves me and has good reason to because I am awesome, or He realizes I'm a wreck and only loves me out of obligation to His goodness- so says my silly head.
Fact 1: I CANNOT earn God's love
Fact 2: but it's still authentic and transcends unfathomable depths.
Somehow, fact 1 and fact 2 are both true.
I just don't get it.
But I love that You love me good.
3 comments:
um. yesterday, i asked God to remind me that He loves me. because my mind just can't accept it either some days.
hate that i didn't get to hear your heart yesterday or today. :( text or phone date?
p.s i forgot to say that theologically unsound or not,
DiTTO!! as you know
I love this song... I always feel like the one that's hard to love.
Post a Comment