"And for once it might be grand, to have someone understand, I want so much more than they have planned..."
So that's basically how I've been feeling since...well, honestly speaking since I first began to understand myself, which actually hasn't been very long...anyway, that's not the point. So I was feeling it REAL bad when I heard this song by Stephen Hinkle. Let's just say that it ruined me.
"Beauty is what I see
As you're standing in front of me
A reflection of my heart
Crafted for my delight
You were made for glory and light
To display My majesty" (so after this part I was thinking, that's nice, but hard to believe)
"This might surprise You
But give me a chance" (um woah, the song was speaking back to me!)
"The question I'm dying to ask…
May I have this dance?
A divine romance
I'll take you by the hand
And waltz through eternity" (totally caught off guard)
"Put your trust in Me
Will you let Me lead?" (OUCH major bad, but in a good way)
"I'll sweep you off your feet
If you'll let Me have this dance"
"Come here, don't be afraid" (haha read my mind)
"As you draw near only be brave
And surrender to My song
Let go, lose all control
And just give yourself to the
Rhythm of following My touch
I will not hurt you
I'll do no harm
As I take you into My arms
May I have this dance?" (at this point I was in tears)
"A divine romance
I'll take you by the hand
And waltz through eternity
Put your trust in Me
Will you let Me lead?
I'll sweep you off your feet
If you'll let Me have this dance"
Yeah, so there it is. And here's a poem that was the offspring of my experience...(disclaimer, it's kinda crummy, but oh well)
We've got the sea
Between you and I
And I can't walk on water
Trust me, I've tried
It's up to you now...to reach me
1 comment:
it's amazing. i cry every time i listen to it... it's my myspace profile song now. and by the way, i love the poem. not crummy. and dear one, He will come to you if you are trying to come to Him. remember "Lord, save me!" as Peter cried. and He reached down to a drowning man. and the other he is still in training, the protege, we just need to wait for the Master to call him over to continue our lessons : )
Post a Comment